Sunday, March 29, 2009

In My Mailbox (5)

In My Mailbox is memefied by The Story Siren (Kristi).

I went to see Laurie Halse Anderson, as you'll see in the blog. I will post the pictures in another post. I hope you guys enjoy this! I know I did!

Books mentioned in the blog:

Beautiful Americans by Lucy Silag from Book Chic (Thank you so much James)

The Diamonds by Ted Michael from Random Buzzers (forgot what publishing company that is right now)

Sophomore Switch by Abby McDonald. I won it on with a contest on her blog. I got my first Royal Mail package. I am so excited!

Rest of books (Wintergirls and Speak, Signed. *Squee*) will be in the next blog (above me).

Bonita

6 comments:

susan said...

Meeting an author is always a very cool thing. Happy for you.

Amy said...

great week! I've never met any authors, because my town is so small:(
beautiful Americans is one I've been craving-I fear it may end up being gossip-girl type trash, but hopefully it's good...

Nancy said...

This week was very good for you. I also had the pleasure of meeting Laurie and she was so amazing. I loved her slide show presentation. It is always cool to meet a great author like that.

BookChic said...

Thanks for the mention. And lol at how long it took me to send you Beautiful Americans. I hope you enjoy it and I'm glad you like all the extra stuff I included! :)

I hope to go see Laurie Halse Anderson when she's in NC this Friday.

And I am too lazy to check, but I guess my copy of The Diamonds is the final copy rather than an ARC. I didn't even look at it that much. I'll have to check it out.

No worries about the postcard, lol. If they're at the signing, then I'll prolly be getting some myself when I go see Laurie this weekend.

Shalonda said...

Yay! I'm getting my copies of Wintergirls & Speak signed this Wednesday!

The Diamonds sounds SO like something I would read. Must buy it!

the story siren said...

Great vlog! and great books! And LHA! HOW COOL! I'd love to meet her! Thanks for doing IMM!!